Everything you need to know about looking after your hot tub
February 20, 2018 / Chris Fryer
A hot tub is an investment, and this means that you will want to take as good as care of it as possible. Here at Hydro Active Spas we sell a number of high quality hot tubs for you to enjoy at home. Not only this, but we are also dedicated to ensuring that hot tub owners have everything that they need to enjoy their wonderful hot tub as often as they want.
This is why we have put together our hot tub maintenance guide. Everything that you need to know about taking good care of your hot tub, and ensuring that it stays looking like new no matter how much you enjoy it.
Before every use
There are a number of things that you need to do every time that you use your hot tub. This may seem like a bore, especially if you are keen to get in there, but by taking 2 minutes, you can save yourself a whole lot of hassle in the long run.
- Test the chlorine levels to make sure that they fall between 3-5mg/l, dose where needed
- Test the PH levels to make sure that they are within 7.2 and 7.6 if they are not then you will need to adjust to reach this level
- If you find that your hot tub is foaming, then you may want to add in a Hot Tub Anti Foam product, following the instructions
There are some tasks associated to your hot tub that you don’t need to do quite as often. These weekly tasks are just to make sure that your hot tub is performing well, even if you are not using it.
- Add in a oxidising agent in order to shock the water within your hot tub
- Clean the filter within your hot tub using a suitable product. Also get into the habit of swapping the filter with a spare, as this will allow for the filter to dry out properly
This particular tip really only applies if you live in a hard water area. If you do, then you will need to add hot tub scale remover on a monthly basis, just to make sure that the hard water doesn’t have too much of an impact.
Every couple of months
Some things simply do not need to be done too often. Perhaps only completing every 2 months or even 6 monthly. This includes:
- Clean the hot tub cover with a chlorine solution
- Replacing the filter within the hot tub
- Changing the water
- Maintaining the water balance
It doesn’t have to be hard work to take care of your hot tub. In fact, here at Hydro Active Spas we believe that a beautiful hot tub is well worth the effort, especially on those lazy summer evenings when your entire family can feel the benefit.